W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > wai-xtech@w3.org > July 2007

Re: reCAPTCHA implementation problems

From: Chris Blouch <cblouch@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:01:11 -0400
Message-ID: <469785A7.4060608@aol.com>
To: bmaurer@andrew.cmu.edu
CC: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, wai-xtech@w3.org

I've had good success doing DHTML/Ajax type things with Jaws as long as 
I move focus to the container of the updated content after the update. 
To this end I had to implement a focus moving function which adds a 
tabindex=-1 to the destination object when needed.

Chris Blouch

bmaurer@andrew.cmu.edu wrote:
> Hey folks,
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:
>> it is only fitting and proper to also archive the other side of the
>> conversation, in an attempt to avoid redundancy at such a meta-level;
>> i don't believe there to be anything inflamatory about the information i
>> provided him, which is a polite way of saying, if you know of a screen
>> reader developer (windows, linux, and mac) please post that info to this
>> thread, rather than argue over market-share for products x y and z
> One thing to add to this -- I'd love to hear comments about how the 
> different screen reading products handle Javascript. As was mentioned 
> in my reply to Gregory, when working with T.V. Raman on his windows 
> computer, we found that the screen reader didn't see the javascript 
> generated content (despite the fact that Javascript was actually 
> executing, as I could see on the visual copy of the page). T.V. 
> mentioned that he was unfamiliar with the Windows screen reading 
> technology, and that he wasn't sure what the issue was.
> -b
Received on Friday, 13 July 2007 21:23:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:51:33 UTC