Keyboard navigation in viewer pane - 3 scenarios.

From: Earl Johnson <Earl.Johnson@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:50:09 -0700
To: Tom Wlodkowski <Thomas.Wlodkowski@corp.aol.com>
Cc: wai-xtech@w3.org, Becky Gibson <Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com>

Hi Tom;

I think the agreement coming out of our last meeting was
basically "widgets that have a desktop component counterpart
[e.g. tabbed pane] should implement the same keystrokes as their
desktop brethren."

To simplify things for our purposes [i.e. disregard flash player,
etc], we could say there are 3 possibilities for page content:
	1. Contains only dojo javascript widgets
	2. Contains dojo javascript widgets and html4 elements outside
the widgets [e.g. Netflix?]
	3. Old Bessie: all html4 elements

I don't recall the outcome of discussions when it came to
scenarios 2&3. It sounded like this topic has been discussed
multiple times before I joined in but I'd appreciate making sure
I understand what will happen when someone hits a scenario 2&3
page. Would it be possible to spend a little more time on this
discussion in tommorrow's styleguide meeting [if there is one]?

Thanks, Earl