Re: popups to provide more information

sorry to have been vague -- what I meant was:

When thinking of links as specialized triggers, the fact that
keybindings differ is sort of in the noise.

That's not to say that keybindings are unimportant,
but rather that just because  I implement a control tomorrow that
acts smells and walks like a button, but in addition speaks a
summary of what it will do if I press ".",
that doesn't stop it being a "button" -- it's just an even more
special button.

In that sense, I believe links  are buttons, be it very
specialized buttons.