Re: activedescendant vs activedescendent

aaron wrote, quote:
> Also, I would like to add that I see it spelled with "ant" in
> software a lot more than with "ent". Even the Google search
> engine suggests "descendant" when you spell it with "ent", and
> there over twice as many hits with "ant".
>
> So, I suggest "ant" for
> - consistency with ATK/AT-SPI
> - consistency with the most common spelling
> - consistency with what people are already using in ARIA code
unquote

aloha, aaron!

personally, i don't care whether an "e" or an "a" is used, as long
as there is a review of ARIA, ATK/AT-SPI, IA2, etc. to ensure
harmony of syntax -- the important issue isn't which is "right",
but which will work, and for that we need a table of properties
and names which will ensure the current and future harmonization
of ARIA, IA2, ATK, etc. -- the goal is, as you stated, consistency,
and it is CRITICAL that we ensure that the syntax is the same across
the board NOW before the divergence of syntax becomes hard-wired into
individual implementations and architectures/frameworks...

gregory.
CONSERVATIVE, n.  A statesman who is enamored of existing evils,
as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them
with others.         -- Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
             Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net