Important RE Firefox 3 at the Speakup Modified

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 13:09:12 -0500
To: blinux-list-bounces@redhat.com, Orca screen reader developers <orca-list@gnome.org>
Cc: g-a-devel <gnome-accessibility-devel@gnome.org>, WAI XTech <wai-xtech@w3.org>

This email contains important information regarding upgrading Firefox 3
for Fedora users.

The Speakup Modified continues to make recent builds of Firefox 3 Beta
available. However, a recent change in how these files are named has
broken the automated upgrading procedure. There is a simple workaround
which we explain below. You will need perform this procedure only once.
But, you will need to perform this procedure in order to upgrade your
Firefox 3 to the latest release from the Speakup Modified Fedora.

If you do not have Firefox 3 installed, you can ignore this post.

Here's how to upgrade:

1.)	Become root on your system and issue the command:

	rpm -e --nodeps firefox*

2.)	Now, still as root, issue the command:

	yum install firefox.i386

This will install our most current build of Firefox 3 Beta, based on the
nightly release from November 27. Thereafter, future releases will be
picked up in the customary fashion with yum.

Please note that we no longer build Firefox 3 for Fedora 7. Users of F-7
can, however, use our F-8 Firefox rpms.

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;	sip:janina@a11y.org

Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org