Re: Update ARIA Examples: Live Regions and Tab Panel

From: Aaron M Leventhal <aleventh@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:50:54 -0400
To: "Gez Lemon" <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Cc: "Jon Gunderson" <jongund@uiuc.edu>, "W3C WAI-PFWG" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, w3c-wai-pf-request@w3.org, "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
They actually don't have to be if you serialize the ARIA attributes with
setAttributeNS(). It's a second reasonable option, instead of mime type
switching.

- Aaron

Aaron Leventhal
IBM web accessibility architect
Voice: 781-583-4083
Tie line: 364-5945
http://www.mozilla.org/access

"Gez Lemon" <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Sent by: w3c-wai-pf-request@w3.org
08/31/2007 02:41 PM

"Jon Gunderson" <jongund@uiuc.edu>
cc
"W3C WAI-PFWG" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Subject
Re: Update ARIA Examples: Live Regions and Tab Panel

Hi Jon,

On 31/08/2007, Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone see a need to have aria examples that are delivered to
Firefox
> at "text/html" or should all examples be delivered to Firefox be
> "application/xhtml+html"?

I thought ARIA examples had to be delivered to Firefox as
application/xhtml+xml to use namespacing for the DOM methods. I use
content negotiation to deliver ARIA examples to Firefox as
application/xhtml+xml, but obviously don't to IE, as IE can't handle
that MIME type.

Best regards,

Gez

--