Re: Update ARIA Examples: Live Regions and Tab Panel

Hi Jon,

On 31/08/2007, Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu> wrote:
> I have been updating the ARIA examples being created the University of Illinois:
>
> http://test.cita.uiuc.edu/aria/
>
> Notably I have updated the live region examples to include both HTML
> and xhtml versions.

Have you considered using content negotiation to deliver the XHTML
version to XML capable browsers and HTML to those that can't? I've
used a similar approach with a simple slider example [1], although I
don't try to provide ARIA properties to IE - it seems to work okay in
screen readers with IE because it has an explicitly associated label.
But you could do the same and deliver the ARIA properties to IE
instead of having two versions of the examples.

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins