Screen-reader behaviour

From: Philip Taylor (Webmaster) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:17:23 +0100
To: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
CC: HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>, wai-xtech@w3.org

> I can't say *all* but certainly most do. A screen reader announces to
> the user what the element is, so in this case the screen reader will
> output (in this order).
>
> Graphic/Image/Link/alt text/possibly title attribute contents.
>
> Josh

Thank you, Josh : as you will have realised,
I've never actually used a screen-reader in
real life, so I can only guess what they do.

If you are familiar with the technology hands-
on, can you also say whether classes and/or
IDs (as well as elements) are exposed to the
end-user by any system  of which you are aware ?

** Phil.