Re: DHTML WG Next Meeting August 31 at 12:00 Eastern

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:02:48 -0400
To: "Evans, Donald" <Donald.Evans@corp.aol.com>, <wai-xtech@w3.org>, <DHTML_ACCESSIBILITY@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
At 1:10 PM -0400 22 08 2007, Evans, Donald wrote:
>The style guide working group is scheduled to meet every other
>Friday.  The next meeting is on August 31 at 12:00 noon Eastern Time.
>Please use the following conference bridge:
>703-265-5000
>or
>877-708-6777
>id: 51999
>
>Agenda for next week
>        Continue discussion of Radio Buttons if Jon Gunderson is available.
>        left/right arrows to move between radio buttons in addition
>to up/down arrows.
>        Accordion Container and the documentation sent by Earl.
>        Review Menu after Becky reviews her notes
>        Tabindex and Focus as a discussion is recommended by Becky.
>        Context Help and use cases like prolog.
>        AXS Library

Something I would like to get on the agenda sometime:

Becky has suggested that we need a 'mixed' state value for buttons
comparable to the similar state for tristate checkboxes.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2007Aug/0025.html

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-aria-state-20070601/#checked

My question for this group is:

If we add a mixed value for the 'pressed' state of buttons, will it have
the same behavior as a tristate checkbox, to wit:

<quote
cite="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2007Jul/0149.html">

Three State Check Box

             If not checked, [activate] checks the check box

             If checked, [activate] unchecks the check box

             If partially checked, [activate] unchecks the box and unchecks
all children boxes.

[the mixed state is only entered as a byproduct of user actions on
other controls in a 'details' (or equivalent) dialog.]

</quote>

PS:  May I suggest that we change "unchecks all children boxes" to
"resets all associated detail controls."  The detail controls are
not necessarily all checkboxes.

Al