Re: IE's AND EVERYONE ELSE'S object implementation problems (was RE: Baby Steps or Backwards Steps?)

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:47:38 -0700
Cc: HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>, wai-xtech@w3.org, Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>, "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
To: Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com>

On Aug 21, 2007, at 7:08 AM, Robert Burns wrote:

>  Safari 3.0 beta: Poor support for images beyond particular
> intrinsic dimensions. It expects images to be smaller than a
> particular size and then provides scrollers for any larger images.
> Time-based media (audio and video) do not load,.except  for flash.
>  Safari 3.0 beta with recent nightly build of WebKit: The large
> still images problems are fixed. Still no luck with time-based media
> except for flash.

Believe it or not, I think the audio/video problems are bugs in the
QuickTime plugin, even though it works in Opera on the Mac. Safari is
actually getting a different version of the QuickTime plugin. I have
filed a bug on QuickTime internally. I believe Safari handles this
case correctly for plugins, which you can see from the fact that Flash
works.

Regards,
Maciej