A better ALT

From: Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:00:49 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org, wai-xtech@w3.org

[This is a repost of
<http://www.w3.org/mid/p0624060ac2ec1ecac532@%5B192.168.0.101%5D>, now
crosspoted to wai-xtech@w3.org for the reasons outlined in
<http://www.w3.org/mid/20070818044557.M31719@hicom.net>. Please ignore the
original.]

I've added <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/ABetterAlt> to the wiki.

This is an attempt to assemble the previous weeks' discussion of a possible
unification of equivalents markup, which ended with <alt for=idref
type=MIMEtype title="advisory inormation">. I've also expaned a bit on how
UAs should handle <alt>. Not a complete parsing algorithm yet, but it may
provide a starting point for that discussion :)

I'm bound to have forgotten things and misrepresented opinions, so please
improve the page.

--
Sander Tekelenburg