getting feedback from other w3c "accessibility" lists (was: A better ALT)

aloha, sander!

in your introduction to "A better Alt", post to public-html,
you wrote, quote:
> I'm not sure exactly which other W3C ("accessibility") lists
> should be asked for feedback. If you do, please ping them.
unquote

i would strongly suggest that technical issues one wishes to bring
to the attention of or solicit an opinion from the WAI activity at
the W3C is to cross-post pertinent posts to wai-xtech@w3.org

archived at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech

wai-xtech is a catch-all list where technical and implementation
issues are discussed in a pan-working group forum...  wai-xtech
provides a space for members of the member-confidential Protocols
& Formats Working Group (PF WG - http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF), the
Authoring Tool Working Group (ATAG - http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU), the
Evaluation & Repair Tools Working Group (ERT - http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER),
the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group (UAAG -
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA) and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
Working Group (WCAG - http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL), to share information
and coordinate on issues that affect one or more of the working groups'
work.  it is the place which is also home to the DHTML Style Guide
Subteam and is required reading for members of the Protocols and Formats
(PF) working group...  it is a central repository to which i and others
in this working group have cross-posted to from this list (public-html)
on issues of direct import to the various WAI working groups...  it is
not a typical list, in that the level of discussion tends to be
technically sophisticated, on point, and in a place where it can not
only be accessed by all of the WAI working groups, but every other
W3C working group, many of which have solicited advice and techniques
from those working in the WAI activity by posting to wai-xtech.

so, if anyone on public-html wants to solicit the advice of the wide
variety of resources available from the WAI activity's working groups,
it is highly recommended that they cross-post their post to wai-xtech
so that the entire WAI community can comment upon proposals,
implementation mechanisms, techniques of exposition, the need for
multiple means of rendering equivalent content -- in isolation, in
context, on user demand, side-by-side with the object for which the
equivalent content has been defined so as to aid the user in the
comprehension of processing of and/or flow of the object...

it is a resource which the HTML WG should take advantage of --
particularly the resources listed on the HTML wiki page located at:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AccessibilityDependencies

as well as those included with the WAI's first formal request
for collaboration, which is wikified at:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/ARIAIntegration

gregory.
CONSERVATIVE, n.  A statesman who is enamored of existing evils,
as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them
with others.         -- Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
             Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net