tree expand/collapse keys (resend)

From: David Bolter <david.bolter@utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:45:33 -0400
To: wai-xtech@w3.org

For many users left and right arrows are used for caret navigation
within web pages. Using left and right arrows for collapsing and
expanding trees/subtress conflicts with caret navigation. It has been
proposed that we adopt + and - for expand and collapse and not use
left/right arrows.

I'd like to hear feedback from the group; should we adopt + and -
instead of  right/left arrow for key-based expand/collapse?

Related bug/ticket discussion: