Steps Towards a Common WG Vocabulary

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:54:00 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org, wai-xtech@w3.org

aloha, all!

if we are to break out of the terminological tangle that substitutes
for a common working group vocabulary, and the disambiguation of
terms used in the HTML WG's work, with the aim of providing a Common
Vocabulary for the working group, it is necessary to maintain a list
of the working group's consensus on specific terms and/or concepts.

thus, when a particular word is used to describe a functionality, a
class of tools, or an individual user group, there is a resource
which defines the working group's consensus on the definition of
that word or concept...

before we can move ahead with our design principles document, let
alone the HTML5 draft, there is a need to provide a reference for
specific terms used in HTML WG documents to this end, i have created
a Common Vocabulary meta-page on the ESW wiki:

contributions, comments and criticism welcome,
LANGUAGE, n.  The music with which we charm the serpents guarding
another's treasure.     -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
            Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
UBATS: United Blind Advocates for Talking Signs: http://ubats.org