explicit-request-NOT tech creeping into Web

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 15:48:24 -0400
To: wai-xtech@w3.org

I have probably been missing a lot of this, but today I encountered
something called "Point to Verify" which does a transaction over the
network on an onMouseOver event. In other words, it drops the 'click'
from "point and click" because the normal end state is that the web
page remains as it was. All that is done is a query against a trust
broker's registry.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Comodo+%22Point+to+Verify%22

They think it is an explicit request when the user points at the seal.

This doesn't work for those with motor control problems.

It doesn't work for those without vision.

The generic new architecture can deal with this and leave the
nominal-user behavior the same; but it is to me a clear case of a
nominal behavior that will need to be re-bound for certain PWDs to
make the interface operable.

Compare with the discussions we had about focus-only vs.
focus-and-fire for hotkeys.

http://www.w3.org/2002/02/mid/p0611040abd3d70e1789c@%5B10.0.1.2%5D;list=wai-xtech

Al