RE: Timed Text format

I agree. Some months ago i've also sent a note about the use of colours for identify speakers (suggesting to add speaker name)

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Charles McCathieNevile"<charles@sidar.org>
    Inviato: 22/03/05 1.02.43
    A: "X-tech"<wai-xtech@w3.org>
    Oggetto: Timed Text format

    I am thinking of sending in the following comment:

    Default length

    Section 6.2.3 defining defaultLengthUnit says

    [[[
    If not specified, the default length unit must be considered to be pixels.
    ]]]

    For accessibility reasons, it seems better in a pure text format to use an
    element based on font size, such as the em unit, as a default. I realise
    this implies a small change in the practice of authors, who are probably
    generally accustomed to working in pixels. But then they are probably not
    generally accustomed to working on accessibility.

    Thoughts? Chaals

    --
    Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
    charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]