Re: marquee

It is related to the problem of accessible IRC - making the thing stand
still long enough to read it.

Witness people like me not being able to read the whole crawl on TV (I
guess that is why they repeat them frequently), or for that matter having
trouble with real-time captions. I notice it a lot when I am watching a
language I don't understand well - reading english isn't so bad, but
reading scandinavian languages I am pretty slow...

And I don't think that I would count as someone with a reading disability.
My brother, who is, often finds them pointless in the end :-(

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile - Vice Presidente - Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org                      http://www.sidar.org