RE: request for sample page structure analyses

Sorry, this is late, but i hope you can still use it.

I thought i look after a couple of German pages (since our set of roles is
supposed to be valid on international level).

(1) http://www.abi-projekt.de/

This is a page of the German association for barrier-free information
technology.

Page elements:
* navigation / site-external links (top line)
* navigation / page top-level links (second line)
* navigation / news (on the left)
* content (in the middle)
* content / news / important news (as news blurbs) (on the right)
* navigation / masthead (bottom line)

(2) http://www.spiegel.de/

This is the online version of a well-known German news magazine.

Page elements:
* banner / linked (top left)
* navigation / page functions / alternative access modes (top line including
search function)
* navigation / page top-level links (top navbar on left)
* navigation / page functions / interactive tools (second and third part of
navbar on left)
* navigation / site-external links (4th and 5th part of navbar on left)
* content (most of the middle part)
* navigation / news / video clips
* navigation / site-internal links (some of the boxes on the right)
* navigation / site-external links (some of the boxes on the right)
* navigation / site-external links / advertisement (in the middle on the
right)
* content / interactive tool / stock ticker (in the middle on the right)
* content / weather (in the lower middle on the right)
* navigation / page top-level links (at the bottom)

Notes:

Upon this exercise, it seems to be reasonable to have hierarchical roles,
i.e. roles and sub-roles.

It is important for a reader to know whether a piece of information is just
some links pointing to other pages' content, or the actual content of the
page.  The first category i call "navigation", and the second "content".
For example, there might be a role "content / weather" vs. "navigation /
weather".

It is also useful for a reader to know whether the piece of information is a
flat list or a structure (more than one level of information).  However,
this may be inferred from the HTML code by the user agent.

Gottfried