Re: XHTML 2 Role Tag

Lisa Seeman writes:
 > Agreed
 > I was just answering Will question to the same affect, but my setting on
 > this computer did not make it clear who was replying to what
 > apologies

I bear most of the responsibility here. I knew you were just
answering the question along similar lines, and I should have
responded to the original message rather than to your reply.

 > I would represent it as three triples with a blank node but the point is the
 > same .It takes more then on triple and is not using the predicate "role"
 >
 > Role is just one predicate. and we must be careful not to overload it or it
 > will become meaningless.

Yes. It takes the form: x is an R, where R is the role and x is the
subtree to which it applies.

 > What i find much mre interesting is that they are now proposing to allow you
 > to embed RDF using "link" syntax dirctly into XHTML.
 >
 > This does not give us any more power, just bits of the power of RDF in a
 > more useable form.

This could be very useful. It also solves the problem of how to
include RDF in XHTML. Namespaces are another option.