Fwd: Relative Pitch change in Hz or st through voice change

I don't know if you saw this question.

It affects the definitions and processing of speech parameters.

If we are going to baseline this on SSML in the future we should endeavor
to get
it right in SSML.

In summary, the question has to do with the model or persistent form for
relative
pitch changes.

SSML allows such pitch changes to be indicated in either linear-in-frequency Hz
units or logarithmic-in-frequency st units.

One would think that the same relative pitch change for different voices
would be
a change which is comparable in pitch (st) units rather than in frequency
(Hz) units.

But should this be true even if the author indicates the change in Hz?

That would mean that the 'model' or persistent definition of relative pitch
changes
was always a frequency ratio.  And that the ability to indicate this in Hz
is an
authoring convenience or macro, not a direct representation of the
persistent property.

Do you have an opinion?

How important do you think this is?

Al