From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 4:59 PM
To: lisa seeman
Cc: sdale@stevendale.com; wai-xtech@w3.org; wai-xtech-request@w3.org
Subject: RE: encapsulating knowledge Vs providing an alternate access
method

Hi Lisa,

Access keys is only a piece of the story.

This is something I have wanted to do for some time. One of the
stumbling blocks was implementation in desktop browsers. We may be able
to get this into Mozilla if we put a good design together. ... Also, we
need to start considering preferences on the server.

What we do here should also be reproduceable through a web service.

We should put a roadmap together to address this. For example, we need
to determine what is the standard for preferences stored on the server.
The IMS Global Learning Consortium has been looking at stored
preferences. We should put a work effort together to compare the total.

We need to put a roadmap together for this.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
STSM, Software Group Accessibility Strategist/Master Inventor
Emerging Internet Technologies
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
schwer@us.ibm.com, Phone: 512-838-4593,T/L: 678-4593

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.",
Frost

Inactive hide details for lisa seeman "
src="cid:796532714@14042004-144D" width=16>lisa seeman
<seeman@netvision.net.il>

	lisa seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Sent by: wai-xtech-request@w3.org

	04/14/2004 07:56 AM

sdale@stevendale.com

cc

wai-xtech@w3.org

Subject

RE: encapsulating knowledge Vs providing an alternate access method

Ahh, Ok I am with you now.
Yes I am bugging them about it.

The DI group have allocated someone the task of looking at this stuff :)

It may be a way of getting great adoption and scope for accessibility

All the best
Lisa Seeman

Visit us at the UB Access website
UB Access - Moving internet accessibility