Re: Natural Language: Beyond the Conversation

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:50:15 -0700
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, wai-xtech@w3.org

At 09:45 AM 5/28/2003 -0400, Al Gilman wrote:
>Traditional search engines like Google

I love vapo(u)rware announcements, it's so much like reading science
fiction. At my first F2F WAI meeting in Austin the folks with the latest
"kiss your keyboard goodbye" iteration of voice recognition systems took
umbrage when I proclaimed that this kind of stuff had been "six months
away" for thirty years - until they tried to convince themselves of it
working even while they didn't use it.

At least there's not much chance that we'll discontinue our efforts to
provide "traditional accessibility" because a "cure for blindness" is just
around the corner.

--
Love.

It's Bad Luck to be Superstitious!