Re: [XAG] New draft Announcement

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:16:41 -0700
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>, Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: WAI Cross-group list <wai-xtech@w3.org>

At 11:46 PM 9/17/2002 -0400, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
>Thanks for publishing this new draft

I think that although Ian raises some significant potential modifications,
we must no lose sight of the possibility that XAG's "A" can be deemed to
refer to accessibility in its more general sense. Although we are part of
WAI and the genesis of the document was directed towards that group's view
of the "A-word", we (IMO) fairly rapidly found that we could more
effectively achieve that goal by attending to the more general implications
of our guidelines' i.e., they apply to
usability/re-usability/effectiveness/universality and all that good stuff.

On the whole I think they are a superset of the WAI documents and elevate
such things as ATAG to a superior level than *just* being about letting
blind guys be able to use XML creation tools or that the outputs of new
markup languages generate "accessible" documents.

This is bigger than both of us, darlings.

--
Love.

It's Bad Luck to be Superstitious!