Re: Mailing list archives: feeback requested onproposedimprovements (3: messages)

le jeu 28-03-2002 à 16:57, Steven Pemberton a écrit :
> > > (In an ideal world I would like to choose per email if it is in a <pre>
> or
> > > not. Look at
> > > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-wg/2002JanMar/0380.html and
> > > weep).
>
> > A suggestion then: we could add an alternate stylesheet removing the
> > pre-formating of the <pre> element. What do you think?
>
> Cool!

Hmm... Implemented it in
http://www.w3.org/2002/03/archives-improvements/ml-message , but the
result is not as cool as I would have hoped since we lose all the
formating by moving from white-space:pre to white-space:normal, and
especially we lose the separation in paragraph.

So, unless there is a way that some <br/> be added where there is line
returns on the original mail [well, I guess there is a way, but an
easily implementable way], I'm not sure it would really be useful.
Steven, any other idea?

> > Are you really using http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ ? I find it
> > unusable.
>
> Sure. What's the alternative?

Well, I usually go to mailing lists through my bookmarks, and, the first
time, through a link in the relevant page [working group, announcement].