XAG point 4.10 and 3.2

From: <acallist@cs.uu.nl>
Date: Tue Jun 25 09:39:55 2002
To: <wai-xtech@w3.org>

Hi,

I have (yet another) a question concerning point 4.10 and 3.2 in the XAG (http://www.w3.org/TR/xag.html).
They both look similar to one another.

Point 3.2 : Define navigable structures that allow discrete, sequential, structured and search navigation functionalities.
Point 4.10: Document navigable structures. Describe how discrete, sequential, structured and search navigation mechanisms should work.

Here's how I understand it:
3.2 implies that the author defines those navigable structures (perhaps by explaining in the documentation the possibilities certain elements have in making navigation possible) and 4.10 makes sure that whatever is defined is also described. Both sounds very much the same to me.

Have I (yet again) misunderstand? Can anyone explain it to me?
Thank you.

Regards,

Astrid Callista

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net