RE: Definitions: impairment, disability and handicap

This post
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2002JanMar/0479.html
gives some context for the discussion of the terms 'disability' and 'impairment'.
FWIW the author of the post (who is based in New Zealand) calls 'handicap' the 'h word'.
I don't believe that its ('handicap') use is widely accepted amongst New Zealand's disability community.

Cheers
Graham