Multiple images Re: meta comments on XML Accessibility Guidelines

Hmm. I'll fix the buggy bits, and I hope that we talk enough about the
document to publish a new draft soon that has some substantive reason for
being produced.

An alternative approach to the image question is to use something like a
multi-headed Xlink (well, a smil par or switch is already something a lot
like one) with role information that provides the necessary metadata for
choosing which link(s) to follow. Of course this relies on implementation...

A strategy which may seem heavy but not be is to make the role point to RDF
describing a CC/PP profile that the object is designed for. This would
require some RDF parsing and understanding of CC/PP - on the other hand
browsers like Amaya and Mozilla already have these components, and with a
little work on making the CC/PP vocabularies that are common include the
relevant features it could be hard-wired in for the most part, as is (I
believe) currently done by small portable browsers).

cheers

Chaals