Re: Proposed improvements to the mailing lists archives

le lun 08-04-2002 à 11:46, Sean B. Palmer a écrit :
> > http://www.w3.org/2002/03/archives-improvements/ml-message
>
> This has a couple of very small errors that haven't yet been
> raised:-
>
> * There are quite a few links that are not surrounded by non-link
> printable characters (mandated by WCAG 1.0 [1]). Since most of
> these links are of the form "[link]", you can just change it so
> that the hypertext does not include the square brackets.

Thanks for the note, I'll fix that.

> * The natural language of the page is not given. In fact, if the
> message is sent in other than English, an xml:lang attribute on
> the preformatted section should reflect this.

Err, I guess it would be hard to guess the language of the incoming
email. I don't think it's in the scope of this project to get such an
enhancement. Do you have a suggestion?

> As another feature request, it would be nice if the archives
> would resolve Message IDs correctly so that we don't end up with
> identifiers like "wp9f9e[...]@localhost".

Unfortunately, the culprit is not in the archives, but on the email
clients which don't set the message IDs correctly.

Thanks for your input!

Dom
W3C's Webmaster
mailto:dom@w3.org