Re: Glossary: Web Content

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:44:04 +0100
To: <wai-xtech@w3.org>
> > Really, "Web Content" should be used to indicate any
> > network retrievable "Web Resource" [2], but I think
> > that WCAG uses it in the sense of "content suitable for
> > use in a hypermedia environment", i.e. anything that
> > can be handled by HTTP.
>
> I prefer the former, the latter being just a restriction?

Yep, I agree with that. Still, I think that a lot of people see "HTTP"
(an perhaps FTP) as being all that the Web really has to offer... and
it's the sense of "Web" that I felt WCAG using. Not essential to the
definition though so yes, go with the former.

"Web Content" is any network retrievable "Web Resource".

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer