Glossary: Web Content

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 21:44:39 +0100
To: "WAI Cross-group list" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
I just noticed that the WAI glossary [1] is lacking a definition for
the term "Web Content", which is rather odd. I wanted to reuse a
definition for EARL, but found that I couldn't just steal one from
WCAG, which is a shame...

Really, "Web Content" should be used to indicate any network
retrievable "Web Resource" [2], but I think that WCAG uses it in the
sense of "content suitable for use in a hypermedia environment", i.e.
anything that can be handled by HTTP.

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/Glossary/
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/Glossary/printable#def-web-resource1

--