Re: picture this! (was Re: definition Re: RE Checkpoint 3.4 again)

I don't understand this. My original comment was related to the fact that in
my first proposal I pointed out that graphic images of text have some
features of text content (like the fact that they rely on written
communication) and some features of non-text content (like the fact that they
are not able to be rendered as characters on the screen which can also be
spoken by a speech synthesiser...)

I think that this should not be in the definition (as Kynn pointed out) but
should be in the relevant places in the various guidelines - primarily in
WCAG as far as I can tell.

cheers

Charles

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Al Gilman wrote:

  At 03:14 PM 2001-08-03 , gregory j. rosmaita wrote:
  >CMN: I think the "pictures of words" bit should go back to the WCAG group.
  >
  >GJR: which part?  that pictures of words ain't words?

  >no, it's not a pipe -- it's a question...

  a) everything that generates debate in XTECH should go back to the affected
  groups -- here at least GL and UA -- who may confirm or deny acquiescence in
  the proposal of the intergroup caucus.  But perhaps after giving XTECH some
  time to settle on a provisional resolution of the question.  Cf. conference
  committee in a bicameral legislature such as in the U.S.

  b) The picture forms of the above exchange include, but are not necessarily
  limited to, a Nassi-Schneiderman chart of the logic integrating multiple
  senses
  of 'pipe' with assertions by Gregory and Charles.  Or Sean could RDF it and
  that makes a graph that one then decorates with icons and arranges tastefully
  on the page...

  Al