Re: WAI class use, attribute quoting, and name capitalization

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 11:00:41 -0400
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>, <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>, "Harvey Bingham" <hbingham@acm.org>
Cc: <wai-xtech@w3.org>
What would you think of using RDF to indicate

1. that the class is informationally relevent for the user  (i.e. more than
just appearance)
2. A description of what the class means.

If we want to push this much further it's a matter for PF.

Although it is a candidate for inclusion in EARL.

Len
p.s.
I had once suggested adding at "alt" attribute to style sheets to convey
the meaning of a class, but it ran afoul of the philosophy that style
sheets should contain no content.

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/