Re: [Moderator Action] Logo...

Hi David,

Unfortunately, you should not change the color of the logo.
This is a branding element for W3C and therefore the
logo usage policy [1] states:

# You may only post the graphic found at
   http://www.w3.org/Icons/WWW/w3c_home.

Sorry for this inconvenience,

  _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/logo-usage-20000308

David John wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
> I have to use your logo on a site I am working on. The colour of your logo
> and that of the site are not really compatible.
> Is it possible for me to change the colour of the logo? Or can I grey it out
> so that it is less prominent?
> Thank you for your time,
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> David John
> Database Web Developer
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> T: +44 (0)131 559 7500
> F: +44 (0)131 559 7501
> E: david.john@company-net.com
> W: http://www.company-net.com
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> This email message and any attached files are for the intended recipient
> only and may contain confidential or proprietary information, some or all of
> which may be legally privileged.  If you have received this communication in
> error, please let us know by reply then destroy it.  If you are not the
> intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, rely
> upon this communication or disclose its contents to anyone. Statements and
> opinions expressed in this communication may not represent those of Company
> Net Ltd.
>
> Although Company Net have taken steps to ensure that this communication is
> free from any so-called computer viruses, you are advised that you open any
> attachments at your own risk.  This Company has no control over other
> websites to which there may be hypertext links and no liability can be
> accepted in relation to those sites.
>
> As e-mail is transmitted over a public network, it is subject to possible
> data corruption. Company Net Ltd. makes no representation nor accepts any
> liability for the e-mail's accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated
> to the contrary.
>
> Company Net Limited.
> Registered in Scotland Number SC167440
> Registered Office: Research Park North, Riccarton, Edinburgh EH14 4AP

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447