Checkpoint 1.1, priority 1

From: M. Schoch (PIXEL-Media) <schoch@pixel-media.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 06:34:31 -0400 (EDT)
To: <wai-wcag-editor@w3.org>
Hi,

we want to check our website for accessibility and so we are using your
guidelines.

Now we have the following question:
Checkpoint 1.1, textequivalent for images.
For the navigation on our website we have implement two possibilities. At
the top we have buttons (images with a rollover effect) and at the bottom we
have normal text-links. So that the page is fully functional for sighted or
blind people.

But checkpoint 1.1 recommend to use the alt-tag for the images, which we
haven't set.

Our question is now, are the text-links also seen as a textequvalent for the
image-buttons like the alt-tag, so that we will be conform with checkpont
1.1?

Best regards,

Michael Schoch
PIXEL-Media