Re: Minor WCAG 1.0 errata

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:08:06 -0400
To: "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
CC: "'wai-wcag-editor@w3.org'" <wai-wcag-editor@w3.org>
Hi Bruce,

I've updated the source as follows: No period after the closing
bracket (like the other [Priority N]). So I've added a period
in 8.1 at the end of the sentence and before the brackets start.

As for WCAG 1.01, ask the WCAG WG...

 _ Ian

"Bailey, Bruce" wrote:

>Checkpoint 8.1 is missing a period, and period may be misplaced.

        8.1  Make programmatic elements such as scripts and applets
directly
accessible or compatible with assistive technologies [Priority 1 if
functionality is important and not presented elsewhere, otherwise
Priority
2.]
should be:

        8.1  Make programmatic elements such as scripts and applets
directly
accessible or compatible with assistive technologies.  [Priority 1 if
functionality is important and not presented elsewhere, otherwise
Priority
2].
The only other "conditional priority" checkpoint I noticed was 2.2 and
this
is the syntax it used.  Personally, I think the last period should be
INSIDE
the closing bracket (for both checkpoints), but I am no grammatician.

So, when is WCAG 1.01 coming out?

Cheers,
Bruce

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783