Relative or absolute? Problems with viewing the text in Netscape 4.01

From: LOTTE JØRGENSEN <lottej@image.dk>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:03:53 +0100
To: <wai-wcag-editor@w3.org>
To the editor (?)

I'm writing an exam paper, where I among other subjects write about Design for all/Usability. Therefore I have studied the article: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, and a few minutes ago I accessed the main part of the following link:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT-TECHS/#checkpoint-map
My idear was to get the pdf-version of the text (sorry - the link downloads the ps-version, but I can manage), but before closing the page I gave it a glance.

When I reached #checkpoint-map it all went wrong.

I think the style-sheet omits to close the very first dl-tag, so all the following are relative to the first - but I have not studied the source that much.

To your information: I use Netscape version 4.01.

I don't have the same problem in Internet Explorer 4.01 - and I know the Netscape version I use can be problematic.

By the way - I have great respect for the work the organisation does. I use your papers to self education and I like the idear that standardisation is in the front end of developement.

Greetings
Lotte Joergensen
lottej@image.dk