Re: unclear text

REID FOX wrote:

> Hi just wanted to inform you of unclear text on conformance.html,
> under the heading "scope of the claim" it states
> "If the claims is meant to apply to include than one page, the conformance
> icon must be accompanied by explicit scope information explaining which
> pages are covered by the claim. "
> I imagine this means "if the claim is meant to apply to more than one page
> the conformance icon must br accompanied by explicit scope information"

Yes. At first I thought you were quoting the Guidelines, but
you're quoting [1] (which is much easier for us to correct). I'll
fix it promptly.

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG1-Conformance.html

> must have been a late niter

Several, actually. <weak grin>

> please explain also where this explicit
> information shoud be placed.

That's up to you, actually. We put ours at the bottom generally,
as we did in the Guidelines themselves.

>  I am currently developing a site (not available
> yet) and would like to support the WAI but I cant see putting the logo on
> each page.

I think it would be fine to have a link (e.g, "Accessibility
Information"
or something similar) on the home page that designates a page
where you describe conformance of certain pages. You could
also put information there that would help users with disabilities
navigate
your site (e.g., if you have d-links you could explain that they're
present).

I haven't tried this yet, but it would be interesting to experiment
with such a page. My only concern would be separating information
for some users from information for all users. So, for instance,
I wouldn't put a site map on a page about accessibility information
since the site map (while useful to people with disabilities)
helps everyone.

> Is there perhaps a way that say "this section conformes to A" and
> "this section conforms to AA" ect with maybe a logo at the head of each
> section?

That kind of detail could go on a separate page, yes.

Thank you for your efforts. If you find any good design ideas for
addressing
these questions, please let us know. We are very interested in how the
guidelines are used and where they are weak in explanation.

Thanks again,

 - Ian