Fwd: RE: SVG Plugin from Adobe (sizing, flowing, and mixed media)

[GL: note what I am doing here is putting an entry in the XHTML 2.0 issues
linked back to this discussion. -Al]

This thread on the GL list addresses an issue with the sizing of embedded
sub-documents.  This affects the interoperation of SVG, (X)HTML, SMIL and
whatever we wind up with as a mix and match facility.

In the past HTML has stuck to a model where the size of an include item is
bound in final terms by the calling hypertext.  This aids rapid incremental
rendering.  But it conflicts with the needs of low vision users where e.g. the
text in buttons should scale with text outside the buttons and the button
should accomodate the text, as in the present IE "always fully expand ALT
text"
option.

Not to presume the answer, but this should be on our issues list to pursue
with
XHTML 2.0.

Al