Thoughts on IA & information organization in response to WAI Resources page

[forwarded here for reference during future work]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Linking to WAI Guidelines & WAI Resources
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:06:28 +0100
From: <Anna.Zhuang@nokia.com>
To: <shawn@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

 Dear EOWG,

My thoughts on WAI resources.

In general I like to see more of a tree structure as opposed to the current spiderweb. There are too many links that loop the pages. Also many pages tend to present information that proliferates the page title. Finally, is good to keep pages simple with as few links as needed.

<h1> WAI activities
   <h2> About WAI (make WAI general high level intro, fold into it "Mission and Organization", add link to "WAI Online Overview")
   <h2> WAI working groups and projects
      <h3> WCAG WG
      <h3> other WGs
      <h3> AGE
   <h2> Participating in WAI
      <h3> Contributing to WAI without joining the groups
      <h3> Joining WAI WGs
      <h3> Sponsoring WAI (currently sponsoring WAI appears in two places. Information is not overlapping but needs to be combined into a single place)
      <h3> Promoting WAI
<h1> WAI news and events
   <h2> WAI news/ news archive
   <h2> WAI press releases
   <h2> WAI events
   <h2> WAI presentations
<h1> Introducing web accessibility
   <h2> What is web accessibility
   <h2> Challenges in accesing the web
      <h3> Understanding imparements (currently totally missing)
      <h3> Ageing (currently totally missing)
   <h2> Essential Components of Web Accessibility (current page but updated with ARIA)
   <h2> Quick tips to make accessible web
<h1> WAI standards (pretty much the list of guidelines and supporting docs)
<h1> Implementing web accessibility (there are many resources fitting to this area that are currently scattered or not very well visible)
   <h2> Implementation plan
   <h2> Transitioning from WCAG 1.0 to WCAG 2.0
   <h2> Lots of other things
<h1> Testing web accessibility (I gave my ideas last week)
<h1> Teaching web accessibility
<h1> Laws and policies

Br, Anna