Re: Cheree Heppe, consumer request assistance for web accessibility

Dear Cheree Heppe,

I am sorry that W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) cannot answer your question because we are not associated with Amazon and do not have resources for such specific consumer assistance.

However, I would like to help. I searched for "accessibility Amazon" and found http://www.amazon.com/access that is supposedly optimized for screen readers. I also found a press release: http://www.nfb.org/nfb/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=174
 Perhaps you can get contact information from that press release?

WAI does host an Interest Group mailing list where issues of Web accessibility are discussed. Perhaps someone on that list can help more. You can join the mailing list and post questions by following the instructions under:
  http://www.w3.org/WAI/IG/Overview.html#Uselist

We are justing beginning to develop information on approaching organizations with inaccessible websites. A very rough, early draft is at http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/responding/

Best regards,
Shawn