suggestions WAI-site for IE-7

From: Frank Mantje <fm@cosbo-amsterdam.nl>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 01:21:46 +0100
To: <wai-site-comments@w3.org>
Hi redesign team,
In my WinXP with IE7 at 1024x768 resolution (see screenshot):

*	In the right corner the "controls" bar is incomplete and cutting off the text.
*	The logo's of W3C and WAI are way to the left. Scaling of the window is shifting them, so it seems to be the WinIE's failure to handle %% in the proper way.
*	In the menu the li of the current page isn't always in the right position (also wrong in IE6).

For the "controls" bar I found: { overflow: auto; } is taking back IE7 to the floor; this seems to be harmless for other browsers (anyway FF2, Opera9 and WinIE6).
For the logo's: the "giving layout trick" with { height: 1%; } will do; without other IE-specialities this is disturbing IE6.
For safety I've put everything in a cond. comment; see testpage http://www.cosbo.nl/wai/WAI-homepage.htm.

Because lack of time I didn't explore how to get the menu li in position.
* Oops, the Contrast Analyser (http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrast-analyser.html) is telling: the tagline doesn't have enough contrast txt/bg.

Cordially,
Francky

wai-screenshotWinXP-IE7.png
(image/x-png attachment: wai-screenshotWinXP-IE7.png)