Re: WAI Site Redesign Prototype

On 7/3/05, Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> wrote:
> You may have seen the recent message to the WAI IG list about the WAI Web
> Site Redesign[1]. In the next couple of days, we hope to resolve the remaining
> major issues

[ http://www.w3.org/WAI/ut3/ ]

When my viewport is less than about 20em wide, the left and right
blocks overlap each other hiding all the text and making the links
impossible to access in the right and block.  (different browsers have
different problems here, Internet Explorer's background colour
overlays the right menu, in Opera 8.01 the background colour doesn't,
either way, either all or part of the content is unreadable.

It is served as text/html, yet fails to meet the requirements of
Appendix C XHTML 1, which is what allows XHTML to be served with that
mime-type, please make the content consistent with Appendix C.

How is
A paragraph?  It's not even a sentence, please use appropriate semantic mark-up.
(this error is repeated in other places)

Whilst looking good in some user agents, it doesn't look very good in
what is I believe the most commonly used user agent on the web today -
the main content is very detached from its title and dashed lines
overlap other content, it's not quite inaccessible on this user agent,
but it gives a very bad impression that accessible pages look bad - it
may be your decision to use XHTML and CSS 2 despite them not being
supported on the user agent that's caused this.

Please ensure that the content works with narrow viewports, and in
popular user agents, using well supported technologies may help with
this.

Cheers,

Jim.