Disappointed in your site

From: <pamela.degrand@nwtc.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:38:17 -0500
To: wai-site-comments@w3.org
Hi, I really don't mean to be critical. Hey, us webmasters really have a
lot to do these days. But I have been working on making my site
(http://www.nwtc.edu) Section 508 and also WAI accessibility compliant. I
was confused about what I should be doing with this line: "<input
type="submit" class="buttoncolor" value="Search Site" />" to make it
compliant. It is in the paid search engine code that is on every one of
our web pages. I couldn't find instructions/examples for input
type="submit" on your site, so I decided to check out how your search
engine codes it.

Imagine my surprise to discover that your site uses the Google search
engine and that page (http://www.google.com/search?domains=www.w3.org) is
not even compliant with HTML, CSS or WAI accessibility. You may want to
check out some of the other search engines that are available. We are
using FreeFind, as a paid service, and their code at least validates.

Thanks for listening.

Pamela DeGrand
NWTC Internet Programmer/Analyst
1-800-422-NWTC, Ext. 6825