Re: questions for paper

Angela,

You may already be familiar with WAI's public comments in this area, which
are listed on
	"Policies Relating to Web Accessibility"
	http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/Policy
under the US section on the ADA, specifically at
	"Brewer Statement before US House Subcommittee on the Constitution, 9 Feb
2000"
	http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/200002-Statement.html
but that is a more general discussion with regard to cost.

You might also look at "Fact Sheet for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
1.0"
	http://www.w3.org/1999/05/WCAG-REC-fact
and specifically at the question on "does it cost more to make a site
accessible?"
	http://www.w3.org/1999/05/WCAG-REC-fact#cost

Although I may not be able to answer all your questions, I would be happy
to provide some more specifics over the phone, and am reachable directly at
the contact information in my signature block below.

Regards,

- Judy

At 05:46 PM 11/13/00 -0500, Angela Walch wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm a student at Harvard Law School, and am writing a paper on the
>application of the ADA to the Internet.  I have been checking out the WAI
>website and guidelines for accessibility.  I would love to get in touch
>with Judy Brewer to ask her some concrete questions regarding the expense
>of creating a compliant website, or revising an existing site to make it
>compliant.  I also would like to get her comments regarding the need for
>the government to step in to regulate this initiative, rather than allowing
>the market to handle it, which it seems to be beginning to do right now.
>
>Please let me know how to get in touch with Ms. Brewer or another person in
>your organization who may be able to answer my questions.
>
>Thank you for your help.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Angela Walch
>Harvard Law School Class of 2002