Re: [wbs] response to 'Scripts for Evaluation Intro Videos'

Hi Shadi,

> On 06/09/2019 13:32, Hidde de Vries wrote:
>> Hi Shadi,
>>>
>>> Do you mean an actual product? Reminder that there will also be no real browsers shown, just an abstract illustration of browsers.
>> Yes, actual product. Would also be a proponent of showing (illustrations of) real browsers.
>
> We did not get to discuss this last Friday but we can bring it back to the group this Friday if needed. Currently we do not plan to show any specific products, including browsers and plugins, to maintain vendor neutrality. These videos are currently intended to use abstract style illustration. The visuals are primarily intended to support the audio, which is why the videos (currently) do not need audio descriptions. It would add significant complexity if we start showing specific products. Do you feel strongly about this?

Up to editor's discretion. I think it would make them more effective, but it seems like we have good reasons not to do it now.

> Text has been updated to say:
>
> [[
> Tools can integrate into different work environments. For example, into your web browser, content management system - CMS, code editor, or JavaScript framework.
> ]]

Editor's discretion, but maybe we could also specifically add “continuous integration pipelines”.

For example, into your web browser, content management system - CMS, code editor, JavaScript framework or continuous integration pipelines.

>>> There are also false negatives. Trying to find a balance between simple language and accurate phrasing. What is your concern?
>> I think ‘false positives’ is more common than ‘false results’.
>
> Text now uses "inaccurate results" to avoid this issue:
>
> [[
> Yet beware that, at times, tools can provide inaccurate results.
> ]]

Great!

Thanks,
Hidde