Re: [wbs] response to 'Approval of Scripts for Evaluation Videos'

> On 8 Oct 2019, at 09:10, Eric Eggert <ee@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Project managers should know what a deploy process & continuous testing is, they have to plan for both.
>
> I don't think there is a way to make that more understandable for “non-techies” as we can’t make JavaScript, code editor, content management system or web browser more understandable for “non-techies”. For “non-techies”, all of those words are jargon. And that‘s ok imho because we said ”work environments” first.

Yep, I believe deploy process and continuous testing (or “continuous deployment”) should be understandable for most project managers. Agreed it is a bit jargonny, but in the same sense as “content management system” and “web browser”.

Fwiw, I've also heard the term a lot from project managers whom (I suspected) did not necessarily know what it means (so I think the group of people who know that it exists is larger than the group of people who know what it is).

Examples of the terminology used in the wild:

- Atlassian, makers of project management tooling, don't shy away from the terminology on their homepage <https://www.atlassian.com/>, and product pages <https://www.atlassian.com/software/bamboo>
- Gitlab, another project (or more like: source code) management solution <https://gitlab.com> even use the abbreviation “CI” as one of the first things on their homepage