Re: Proposal to get out of the techniques business on WCAG.NEXT

Hi David,

This sounds like it might have been a paraphrase/tweet from the Viking and Lumberjack session on Friday morning at CSUN.

It was good humor -- it's hard to make a technical standard entertaining, and they manage to do so. While I don't recall their exact following comments, I'm pretty sure they clarified at the time that the standard was short and the supporting material was long.

I don't know if there's a right or wrong answer on writing techniques, but FWIW we do hear from a lot of people -- (some people newer to accessibility, but not exclusively so) that the techniques are useful, including for understanding how to apply newer technologies in accessible ways. The techniques seem to be one of the things that gives some organizations the confidence to use WCAG.

Most groups periodically reprioritize their work and this may be a useful question to look at.

- Judy