Re: [wbs] response to 'EOWG Weekly Survey - Due 23 Sep 2015'

Good points all.  I would only add that I am *strongly* in favor of not
delaying the publication of the set of three Tips - Developing, Designing,
and Writing. I am also conscious from my work in the field that WCAG
conformance does not necessarily translate into accessible results for
all.  Entire groups - low vision and cognitive for example - are left out
of mere WCAG conformance and the SCs are certainly showing their age.

As long as we are clear - which I believe we are - that "These Tips are
best practice, some are WCAG requirements" we are not in real danger of
confounding anyone.  This is a Quick Start Guide to accessibility (rather
than WCAG conformance) and there are other resources for those who do this
work for reasons of strict conformance.

I realize that this can be confusing for some but there is a risk of being
outdated and/or irrelevant if we stick to the narrow confines of
conformance, in my opinion.

Thanks for your attention to this, it is not an easy line to draw for sure.

Best,
Sharron

--
Sharron Rush | Executive Director | Knowbility.org | @knowbility
*Equal access to technology for people with disabilities*