Re: Developing Websites for Older People (batch 2 of 3 or so)

Thanks for 'batch 2' Shawn,

Shawn Henry wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Here's the second batch.
>
> * "Many older people require larger text due to declining eyesight,
> including in form controls." first, thanks for the inclusion of forms :-)
> What is "larger"? Is "form controls" too jargony? How about:
> "Many older people require large text due to declining eyesight,
> including text in form fields and other controls." OR
> "Many older people require large text due to declining eyesight,
> including text in forms."

done - with 1st option

> * I'm uncomfortable listing G178... [for discussion with Shawn when we
> have a chance]

ok - but necessary imho in many situations like a public library,
visiting a friend, etc (and some people can't remember how to fish)

> * 1.4.8 is listed under "Text style and presentation". Why also under
> "Text size?

Lots of overlap between 1.4.4 and 1.4.8 - have been leaning towards
redundancy in repetition. Lets discuss further.

> * Under Text style and presentation:
> "Text presentation affects readability for many older people." I wonder
> about something more like:
> "How text is styled and presented affects how hard or easy it is for
> older people to read." OR
> "Text style and presentation impacts how hard or easy it is for people
> to read, especially older people because of declining eyesight."

done - with 2nd option

> * "centrally aligned" -> "center-aligned"

hmmm - I agree, but "centrally aligned" is WCAG wording so I prefer to
retain.

> Will have more later...

OK - look forward to it.  Andrew

PS - also closed up the spacing before the "More techniques are
listed..." sentence.