Re: Completion of mobile accessibility document for review (paragraph on differences of approach)

See two comments below, preceded with "SLH:"

Alan Chuter wrote:

> I have incorporated Shadi's comments into the existing paragraph on
> differences of approach between MWBP and WCAG, which now looks like the
> following:

> [start proposed text] WCAG and MWBP both aim to improve the Web
> interaction of users who experience barriers due to either disabilities
> or the device used to access the Web. However, WCAG and MWBP have
> slightly different approaches. For example, a key feature of WCAG is
> testability and the WCAG 2.0 success criteria are specifically designed
> to be testable statements. W3C recommends that all Web sites comply with
> WCAG 2.0. In some situations, Web sites are legally required to be
> accessible. MWBP is different in that it provides suggested best
> practices for consideration. Although some of the best practices are
> testable, they are not all intended to be testable. It is not expected
> that all Web sites will meet MWBP.

Yeliz Yesilada wrote:
I think it is better not to include the last sentence "It is not expected that all Web sites will meet MWBP". I think it is not so much related to the comparison.

SLH: I thought we wanted to show a difference from WCAG being strongly recommended for all sites and often required by law? What if we shift it around:
"
WCAG and MWBP both aim to improve the Web interaction of users who experience barriers due to either disabilities  or the device used to access the Web. However, WCAG and MWBP have slightly different approaches. For example, a key feature of WCAG is testability and the WCAG 2.0 success criteria are specifically designed to be testable statements. MWBP is different in that it provides suggested best practices for consideration. Although some of the best practices are testable, they are not all intended to be testable.

W3C recommends that all Web sites comply with WCAG 2.0. In some situations, Web sites are legally required to be accessible to people with disabilities. There are not such requirements for MWBP.
"

SLH: I wonder if this has gotten too long and detailed? Perhaps we want to keep it shorter here and put more in the intro document <http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/> ? Shadi, did you intend for the examples to be included in the text?